Dr Joan Pi Urgell
Graduate in medicine and surgery
• University of Barcelona (UB), 1977
Title of Medical Stomatologist
• University of Barcelona (UB), 1979
• University of Southern California, Los Angeles (USC), 1981
Oseointegrated Implant Certificate
• University of Lundt, Sweden (LU), 1985
Training in Osseointegration – Department of Maxillofacial Prostheses
• University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), 1985
Master in Surgery and Implantology
• University of Barcelona (UB)
Lecturer in Courses and Congresses on Osseointegrated Implants and Bone Reconstruction in Europe, South America and the USA.
Author of numerous scientific articles in journals of high national and international impact.
Co-author of the books
• The Manual of Dentistry
• Decision Making in Periodontology
• The Branemark Novum Protocol for Same-dayTeeth. A Global Perspective
• Oral Implantology (Editorial Ars Médica)
Founding member and ex president of the European Association for Osseointegration (EAO).
Medical Director Branemark Osseointegration Center (BOC) Barcelona
Medical Director Dr Pi Implants. Exclusive practice in osseointegrated implant surgery and maxillary reconstruction.
Member of national and international scientific societies, including the European Association for Osseointegration (EAO), Osseointegration Academy (AO), Spanish Society of Oral Surgery (SECIB), Spanish Society of Periodontics and Osseointegration (SEPA), European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (EAED) among others.